Monday, November 9, 2009

Interviewing 101

I had an interview for an internship last Friday, and I want you all to know I totally got advice from the best source possible: The Office. It taught me to ...

1. Use my brain to my advantage (when advantageous)
2. Tell myself they "saved the best for first" when I found out I was going to be the first interview of the day.
3. Make my weaknesses sound like strengths
4. Have a five-year plan
5. Wear a feminine business suit

Not that I did all that, but it was some pretty good advice.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm sure you knocked 'em dead when you saved the best for first. And surprised them when your weaknesses were also your strengths. You care too much, you work too hard, etc.

Way to be!

Bonnie said...

Dang it, that was from Camille. I'm not sure my mom knows what The Office is... ;-) I was "helping" with her post tonight, better log off.

Sadie Lynn said...

It was good to see you today. I think that you are so cheerful and such a joy to be around.

Rowbury Adventures said...

haha that is so funny I love the office, and I bet you did amazing in yoru interview because of it!