Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Highly Recommended

I mentioned a couple posts ago that I love being a comm major. Here's reason #2,782: Out textbooks tend to be more of the Barnes & Noble variety and less of the Rip-Off Bookstore variety. Case in point:

I read this for my Media Management class, and it was outstanding. I think the main reason I love it is because it's written for everyone — not just business owners, not just advertising creatives. It teaches about how to make ideas stick, and everyone has an idea they need to stick.

If you are a mom trying to teach your child not to hit, this book is for you. If you teach a Sunday School class, this book is for you. If you are a leader of a group or if you like to tell stories or if you are giving a sacrament meeting talk or if you write fiction or if you just really, really want to help someone remember something, this book is for you.

Try it. I think you'll like it.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I think that is sounds great! I'll have to look into it :) Thanks for sharing.

Oh P.S. just so you know...this boy was not on work crew...just my cast team :

Camille said...

I love the idea of this book, it sounds quite applicable to my industry. Any industry, really! Thanks for the recommendation- can I borrow yours? :-)