Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gotta love it

I did a cool interview today with a lady who just opened her own furniture store. She majored in advertising/graphic arts in school and started her career with an internship in Atlanta working on the Coca-Cola account. She knows her way around design and fonts and color and branding. She did all the interior design for Omniture (an international online advertising and web analytics company headquartered in Orem).

Basically, this lady could do whatever she wants. She opened the store and does private in-home design consultation, and she talked to me about it for two hours. Her eyes lit up when she showed me the couch in the corner that she designed and had custom made and the artwork on the wall that was made entirely from fossilized beetles (and it was surprisingly beautiful).

That made me think — what am I passionate about?

A lot of things, I guess. I'm passionate about chocolate milk and corner brownies. I love writing and photography. I think The Office is hands down the funniest show ever and that Mario Kart is still the best video game ever made. But I'm making big decisions right now, and it would be really good to notice when things light me up like that. I guess it's a good thing for everyone to figure out. Basically, it seems like whatever you do, you've gotta love it.

3 comments:

Jacob Divett said...

Corner brownies are actually kind of gross. I'm glad you like them. I will mail mine to you.

Adam and Bri said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Passion is v. v. essential.

And I adore corner brownies. Must be a Bri thing. :)

shaneshaneshane said...

no way - we work with omniture's software suite for a couple of our accounts. guess that makes me a nerd.

i, too, am passionate about chocolate milk. and one day when you come to hawaii i will personally wipe the road with your remains in Mario Kart.