Friday, June 26, 2009

Help!

I need your help! Since my life took a fantastic turn a couple weeks ago, I've had to learn ALL SORTS of things I never needed to know before. For example:

1. Striking a balance between girly and boring. When I was single, my room was girl EVERYTHING and that was completely acceptable. But Ryan wasn't thrilled about sleeping under a flower-print comforter, and I wasn't crazy about making him. It took a while, but we finally decided on with this bedding from Target which I think we both like.

2. Cooking for two. I can cook for one, and I can cook for six, but two is just hard. I'm sure Ryan's getting tired of my "Are you still hungry? Are you getting too full? Is this too much? Did I not make enough?" but he's patient. And he's only gotten up and cook himself another quesadilla once.

3. Cooking IN GENERAL. This is where you come in. I can find my way around free font Web sites and online magazines, but when it comes to finding good cooking blogs/Web sites, I'm hopeless.

What are your suggestions? What are your favorite food blogs? I need to know!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Google these:
Pioneer Woman

Picky Palate

My 2 favorite food blogs. Enjoy.

Tara said...

Ditto on the Picky Palate blog.

I use foodnetwork.com and kraftffods.com alot, too.

Another site that I use sometimes is orgjunkie.com It is primarily a home organization blog, but every Monday is Menu Plan Monday and tons of people (300+) post links to what they are eating for the week. I've gotten some good ideas off of that, too.

Good luck! It is an adjustment. I remember the first time I made a casserole for dinner and I was so proud of myself because we would have leftovers ..... until my husband finished off the whole casserole dish!

Melinda said...

Well unfortunately I am no good at cooking and I am positive you are awesome but I like to look at the recipes at: http://getoffyourbuttandbake.blogspot.com/
and our ward has some sweet recipes on wednesdays its http://81sisters.blogspot.com/.
P.S. cute bedding!

courtney said...

hello breanna! (this is your cousin) and happy wedding, by the way! tell ryan hello from me. :)

here are our favorite recipe blogs. some of the recipes are complicated, but most are easy and really good!

http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/

http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/

it looks like I need to go check out the picky palate...

mckenzie said...

I make everything from "Courtney Ray". There is a link on my blog. They are fast, easy, cheap, and yummy!

JeNnA said...

ahhh sounds like things are going good! I was sad I missed your reseption.Iwas the same weekend of a family reunion and Darren(Saunders) coming home from his mission! OK... So, something I have found that saves money is.. when I make dinner I basicallycook for 4, which may be a small casserole or extra enchiladas so that we both can have lunch the next day. But I have found somegreat meals at kraftfoods.com!!! good luck andlet me know!!:)

Just Me said...

www.swaggrabber.com (it has links to other things)

www.commonsensewithmoney.com

www.krazycouponlady.blogspot.com (these are all links on how to find food and stuff for CHEAP.

Now...about those free fonts and design blogs? You find them where?

Lylene said...

Try this blogspot. It is from our ward and Harvest Hills. It has great recipes from women you know and love.
http://recipeparty.blogspot.com/

Jenn J. said...

I LOVE how domestic this post is. Look how far you've come. I'm real proud.

Rowbury Adventures said...

Ohh i had such a hard time cooking at first, it's no fun! but I've been looking a lot on the cambells website.. they have such easy recipes you can make! if I think of other things I'll let ya know..

Jacob Divett said...

I fully endorse (and swear by):

http://allrecipes.com

So useful.

Congrats!