Saturday, February 20, 2010

Old.

I feel sort of like this picture today.

Yesterday, my co-worker brought his adorable little girl into the office. As I was getting ready to leave, I bent over and said, "Hi, Ellie!" I tickled her belly and then ...

My back burned. It pinched, it cramped, pain shot all over. I stayed bent and somehow scrapped my way into a chair without using my legs or lower back too much.

Ryan's uncle Jeff, who's a chiropractor, gave it a fancy name for "your hip is rotated too far forward." He popped it around and back into place, gave me some medicine and told Ryan he had to do the dishes today.

My family does have a history of bad hips, but I'm already laying on the couch waiting for my left hip to heal. And I don't turn 22 for another month.

I am officially old.

3 comments:

mckenzie said...

Your not a scott until you have had your second hip replacement. haha

Chanae said...

Wow! That would be pretty scary. I'm glad you're OK now. Just don't go kicking any buckets anytime soon.

Jenn J. said...

The hips, the hearing... it's all bound to go when you've got that Scott blood in you. It's just a matter of when, and what will go first. Maybe it's good things are shutting down sooner for you. The recovery on your first hip replacement will be much faster, being that you'll be having it in your mid-30's. When we're old with our fake hips, let's get matching canes, promise?